.

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Interview with Leonardo Da Vinci Essay

The spiritual rebirth began in Italy. While it only a affected a small amount of m whizzy of the nation, the rebirth of classical culture is revered today. The general psyche of the renaissance is that in Ancient Greek and Ro soldiery time we were enlightened, and then lose the light in the dark ages, and then became enlightened again in the rebirth of classical culture. ground A stage with comfortable chairs, da Vinci da Vinci sitting in one and only(a) chair, the host in the other. multitude acceptable to Talk Renaissance Live, Im here with king of beastsnardo da Vinci, the very definition of a Renaissance manhood. So tell the consultation nigh yourself Leo. Can I call you Leo?Leo Um sure. considerably honestly I dont know wherefore mint like me so much, Im a terrible procrastinator. And darn Ive had a few in(predicate) paintings, a lot of my works were more than(prenominal) than of failed experiments. legions That is still better than most(prenominal) of the population. And your scientific journals still piss people wondering today. You had ideas, sometimes even on the job(p) ideas for things that werent even conceived for most of the population until this last century. What was it like working for a commission?Leo It was ok, once I had plenty of apprentices. Apprentices meant I could spend more time on enquiries of the scientific nature. soldiers So why was the Mona Lisa smiling the elan she was?Leo Well now thats something I swore I would never tell. multitude Youre no fun, and I was wondering. wherefore didnt you make and of the scientific advances you do?Leo Well it was a contrasting world back then. I had more respect then most people, save if Id tried to publish my scientific thoughts then I would take aim been laughed out of the building. Or killed. waiter You mentioned having apprentices ulterior in your career, how was it like being one yourself? And who were you an apprentice for?Leo Well when I was 14 I apprenticed to the man known as Verrocchio. He taught me galore(postnominal) things, both in theoretical and pragmatical fields. Even after I certified as a master artist I continued to collaborate with him, because he was a fine man. troops Thats our time, when we come back from the break Ill be sitting here with Johann Gutenberg. innkeeper And were back, sitting with me is Johann Gutenberg. You may not know who he is, nevertheless he was essential to both the Renaissance and what followed.Johann Hello. array How near you explain to the audience about your important contributions?Johann I brought the printing to Europe. armament Yes, could you explain how?Johann Was able to make a printing system that could mass start out books, and exact it be economically viable.Host And was it?Johann Well it was for everyone except me really. I end up with an enormous debt and then was sued for malign of funds.Host Thats unfortunate, did you advance the court case?Johann Of course not, and he had c ontrol of my bible printing press, and one-half of all bibles printed.Host And could you explain why the printing press was important?Johann As I understand it, it meant that books and news traveled to more people, and more quickly. It helped the Renaissance, and later facilitated the scientific revolution.Host Wow that was an informative interview, but now we tolerate to go to technical break. When we come back I leave be talking with our final guest.Host And were back Now as you know with the Renaissance came the appearance of humanism. We have the father of humanism himself with us today, Francesco PetrarcaPetrarca Hello.Host As the father of humanism, could you explain to the audience exactly what humanism is?Petrarca Humanism is a response to the clinical academicism. Humanists such as myself want to create a edict where are all citizens are satisfactory of engaging civic life, being smooth-spoken of speech and pen.Host I see, what is scholasticism?Petrarca Its something that seems to be prevalent in society today, preparing people to be healthy jobs such as doctors or lawyers. It emphasizes nurture minor and unimportant details for careers that comparatively few will partake in.Host Asides from being the Father of Humanism what else have you done?Petrarca Im as well as a bit of a poet. And I came up with the concept of the Dark Ages, although that seems to have gone out of style as of late.Host Well the thought as of late is that calling it the Dark Ages is oversimplifying. It portrays the idea that humanity was briefly enlightened, and then lost its way, and then was enlightened again-Petrarca hardly Thats exactly the point Im trying to make.Host Well it doesnt agree with what modern historians principally think. Theyve been trying to make an effort to be less Eurocentric, and to try to understand concepts of the ultimo without changing the facts to suite our ideas of what should have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment